? ??????????????Black and White Dj? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??4 Grabs Today. 212 Total Grabs
. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????My World (Abstract)? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 0.0 (0 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 53 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Emerson and The Parrot

Monday we had snow day although we didn't actually have snow. The schools here closed in anticipation of a snow event and therefore the kid's daycare was closed, absurd I know! That meant that I had to find some place for the kids to stay yesterday since I didn't get the day off. Oma and PaPa graciously offered to let the kids stay there in the morning and Aunt Judy (renowned animal rescuer!) came to visit with her new friend. Emerson has consistently said for several months that she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up although the child is more of an animal observer than an animal lover. So you can imagine my surprise when I see this picture! At first glance you may be thinking that she looks just like a future veterinarian but if you really look at it I think you will see that look in her eyes that is shouting "I am brave. . .I can do this. . .this bird is creeping me out. . .oh goodness, don't move bird. . .wonder how long I'm going to have to smile for this picture. . .I hope this is almost over. . .what was I thinking when I said I wanted the bird to sit on my shoulder?" thought process that was truly going on behind the toothy smile! However, I'm pleased to say that according to Oma Emerson really was brave and admired herself in the mirror, let Oma take a picture and at that point she was, as Oma put it still "unbitten innocent". Can guess what happened next? Yep, the bird thought Emerson's fingers looked like a good snack and OUCH! that was the end of the bird interaction! Looks like Emerson's going to have to look for a different future profession.









3 comments:

befruitfulandmultiply said...

Catherine! I cannot believe how much Em looks like you! I was SHOCKED when I saw this photo...I've always thought she favored you, but goodness...she looks JUST like you! Text me and let me know if you guys are free next weekend...I'll be in town and would love to stop by with Rylie!

befruitfulandmultiply said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
befruitfulandmultiply said...

I agree. Tripp Goodwin